Dr. Mohr was interviewed by Niaz Uddin of eTalks. Dr. Mohr answers questions about her current work at Intuitive Surgical and the future of robotic surgery.
Expatriate Kiwi, Dr. Catherine Mohr was honored as University of Auckland Hood Fellow, and gave several lectures on the University of Auckland campuses. Oct 2014
- Dr. Mohr was honored to contribute to Dr. Bertalan Mesko’s last book The Guide to the Future of Medicine. This book is now available at Amazon.com.
- This guest post was written by Dr. Mohr for Forbes.com, entitled Intuitive Surgical Exec: Here Is Why Robotic Surgery Is Useful, July 17, 2014
- While at the Aspen Ideas Festival, Dr. Mohr provided a da Vinci demo and was interviewed by NPR reporter Lauren Silverman, A Glimpse into the Future of Robot-assisted Surgery At The Aspen Ideas Festival, July 1, 2014
- Dr. Mohr wrote a blog for the 2014 Aspen Ideas Festival entitled “Driving Technological Innovation When You Don’t Need to be in the Driver’s Seat” that suggests that we always look for what’s next, to play with other people’s toys, and to keep starting over. June 2014
- The MSPress Journal– A Look Inside Intuitive Surgical and the da Vinci Surgical System with Dr. Catherine Mohr: Aleksandar Gavric, University of Ljubljana Faculty of Medicine, conducted a one-on-one interview with Dr. Catherine Mohr of Intuitive Surgical. In this interview, Dr. Mohr goes into great detail about her work at Intuitive Surgical, and specifically with the da Vinci Surgical System. July 2014
- Dr. Mohr was profile in a special supplement: Careers in Healthcare, entitled: Inspiring the Next Generation. Dr. Mohr talks about the exciting world of healthcare and how her career as an engineer inspired her to become a doctor.June 11, 2014
- Dr. Mohr was profiled in Silicon Valley’s primary newspaper, The San Jose Mercury News: Q&A: Surgeon, inventor Catherine Mohr pushes robotic surgery to new heights, June 6, 2014
- Dr. Mohr was honored as a 2014 World Class New Zealander. This is some of the press that resulted from her three city tour, prior to her accepting the award on May 30, 2014
- Built in Wellington: World Class Kiwi Catherine Mohr on the impact of solving big problems
- NZNews Channel 3: World Class New Zealanders Recognised
- stuff: Entrepreneurs told to be flexible in choices
- IdeaLog: World Class Kiwi Catherine Mohr on the impact of solving big problems
- New Zealand Herald: World Class NZ Awards: Tall poppies on world stage have day in sun
- STEM Success May Be Where You Least Expect, Mohr and Andraka Say
- Dr. Mohr spoke at U.S. News STEM Solutions in Washington DC, on April 24, 2104
- Dr. Mohr participated in the Arab Emirates’ 2nd Annual Government Summit, February 10, 2014. This article provides highlights of Dr. Mohr’s panel, wherein they discussed the many benefits of technology, of which cost reduction was on the top of the list.
- Rock Center with Brian Williams, interviewed by Nancy Snyderman. June 14th 10 pm EST
- Wired UK interview, “Peering under your skin: the future of surgical robotics is virtual” June 2013
- stuff: Expat Kiwi a US healthcare Leader, May 14, 2013
- NPR Panelist On Forum with Michael Krasny Are Robots Taking a Toll on Jobs?; March 27, 2013
- Live from Expand: Bionics, robotic surgery and better living through technology; March 17, 2013
- DotMed Special report: “Robots Invade Health Care”; March 11, 2013
- “The Da Vinci Surgical Robot and Beyond”; February 22, 2013
- Contribution for the 2052 issue of ZWEI In 2052 surgery will be invisible. Surgeons will enter the body through tiny incisions with small robotic technologies that will allow them to precisely navigate to the site of the tumor or the illness, and destroy it at the site. No one will have surgical scars except from traumatic accidents, and no one will be wearing their medical history visibly on their bodies.
- HealthMakers 250: Conversations on the Leading Edge
HealthMakers 250 invites the greatest thought leaders to an ongoing conversation about the future of health, what we can do together to shift the paradigm of today’s medicine and how to empower one another as we push towards a future of wellness rather than disease. Enjoy many fascinating video interviews as they traverse the globe conversing with the luminaries pioneering our healthy future.
- Dr. Mohr was interviewed on Gavin Newsom show on Current TV, August 3, 2012.
She spoke about the harrowing history of surgery, the current economics of robotics in the operating room, and the exciting future of robotic surgery.
- Better By Design – US Tour 2011
In the Fall of 2011, Dr. Mohr was interviewed by the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise. Catherine discussed the philosophy of tailoring your product to provide the best patient outcome and the importance of a strong corporate culture.
- Surgical Robots
Radio New Zealand National. March 2011.
- Freedom Lab Future Studies Interview 2011
FreedomLab is a research lab and thinktank that does continuous research on social change aimed at helping organizations develop an alternative vision and creative strategies for their businesses. Catherine was interviewed as part of the “Powershift” study of future energy and green building.
- Catherine Mohr on the economic logic of robotic surgery
Stanford SCOPE. Julia James, July 2010
- Is Robotic Surgery Cheaper?
Freakonomics. July 2010
- An Engineer Performing Surgery
eGFI. June 2010
- “Dream Jobs: Catherine Mohr Builds Surgical Robots”
IEEE Spectrum. Tekla Perry, February 2010
- “Surgeon-Engineer Advances High Tech Healing”
San Francisco Chronicle. Heidi Benson, February 2009
- Video of Dr. Catherine Mohr
New Zealand Ministry of Research, Science and Technology. August 2009
- Women in Medicine Force Change in Workforce Dynamics
NEJM Career Center. Bonnie Darves, April 2005